Monday, July 25, 2011

Creamy Potato Salad with Radish, Dill, and Onion


It's Potato season at the CSA, and I for one couldn't be happier. The Potato is like natures gold to me, I can eat them everyday in every variation. So imagine how excited I was to open the cooler and see these delicious morsels smiling back at me. I knew I had to create something with them right away. Looking at the rest of the ingredients and what I had in my refrigerator, I saw potential, REAL potential. So, let's get cooking!

Ingredients

5-6 Medium Red Potatoes
2 Medium Radishes
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (I like French, not to be confused with French's)
1 Large Green Onion
1 Spring of Fresh Dill
1 Cup Miracle Whip
Pinch of Sugar
Salt
Pepper

Boil potatoes until soft and set aside to cool. Slice Radishes thinly and add to potatoes. In another bowl, mix Miracle Whip, one tablespoon of Dijon, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Chop up entire green onion (including greens) and sprig of dill. Add the dill and onion to the mixture and give it a stir. Once it is nicely blended, pour on top of potato/radish mixture. Mix thoroughly and chill for an hour. (or if you are like me, eat it warm because it's too amazing to wait) 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment