Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Best Savory Scrambled Eggs

OK, so I realize that they are just scrambled eggs...  But, they really are the tastiest Scrambled Eggs I've ever made, and now I've made them twice.  So, I'm twice as sure that you should make them, too!

1 green garlic, clove and leaves chopped finely
1 green onion, stalks chopped finely
1 Tbsp butter
4 farm-fresh eggs
2 Tbsp skim milk
1 hothouse tomato, diced
1/4 c shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

salt & pepper to taste

Saute the garlic and onion in a pan with the butter over medium-low heat for at least 5-10 minutes.  Make sure they are not overcooking and turning brown.  You want to cook them low and slow, so remember that the key to these eggs is patience.  The time gives the aromatics the opportunity to really soak through the eggs.

Crack the eggs into a bowl and combine with the skim milk, whisking until they are fluffy.  Add the milk and egg mixture to the garlic, onion, and butter in the pan.  Reduce the heat to the lowest setting.  Cook for at least ten minutes at the lowest setting. 

At the end of the 10 minutes, mix in the cheese and diced tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Serve and enjoy.  Serves 2.

The end.  It's that simple.  But, it's so good!!!

1 comment:

  1. We aren't getting green garlic anymore, but we are now getting garlic chives, yellow rosemary, and white candy onions... These eggs rock with this as well. I am usually of the mind that eggs are "necessary" on a breakfast plate, but not really the star. Clearly, I love my bacon. But, the last few weeks, I have eaten these eggs before I even touched the bacon and toast. True story.

    ReplyDelete