Saturday, August 20, 2011

Easy *Peach Cobbler

I asterisked the "peach", because I think this would be great with any fruit...  Next time I'll do it with berries or apples, or whatever comes... (adventures in CSA!)

Ingredients
1/4 c butter
1/4 c margarine
6 peaches (Next time, I will try 10 because I thought it could take more fruit, but I haven't done it so won't swear to it here...)
1/4 c orange juice
1 1/4 c sugar, divided into 1 c and the other 1/4 c
1 c flour
1 c milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
nutmeg
brown sugar

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Melt the butter and margarine in a baking dish.  I used a round baking dish, but the standard square seems like it would work, also.

Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove, and drop your peaches into the boiling water for about 30 seconds.  Remove with slotted spoon.  Peel the peaches, halve them, remove the pits and cut them into wedges.

Return your peaches to the saucepan and add the orange juice to the peaches.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Remove from the heat.

Combine 1 c sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt in a bowl.  Mix until even and smooth.  Pour over the melted butter in the baking dish.

Use a slotted spoon to add the peaches to the top of the cobbler mixture.  When all the peaches have been added, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 c sugar, and then dust with nutmeg and brown sugar.

Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, and ensure is finished by using a toothpick to test.  It's ready when it tests clean...


Serves 6.  AND IS GREAT.  Mark likes peaches now, and even said he wished there were more peaches.  So, I would double fruit in this recipe if I make it again...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment