Saturday, August 6, 2011

Creamy Italian Potato Salad

Mark was still in NYC, so the mayo continues!  However, just because I like things made with mayonnaise doesn't mean I welcome all the calories...  So, I tried something a little bit different.

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cleaned, and cut into quarters
1/4 c Italian dressing
1/4 c mayonnaise
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
3 green onions, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp yellow mustard
1/4 tsp honey mustard
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
Place the quartered potatoes into a large pot, and bring it to a boil.  Once the water is boiling, cook them for 12 minutes, or until they are the tenderness you prefer.  Drain the potatoes and set them aside to cool down.

In a large bowl, combine the Italian salad dressing, mayonnaise, egg, green onion, garlic, dill, mustard and lemon juice.  Stir the cooled potatoes into this mixture already in the bowl.

This was creamy and delicious, and I felt a little less guilty!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a potato salad person, but this sounds sooooo good ... gonna give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it... It had the essence of what I love about potato salad, but it was a little tangier... :) Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete