Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kale Fail

The events that took place last night were too funny not to post about! Part of the fun with doing a CSA has been learning and attempting to identify new vegetables. And part of the humor and entertainment is when you guess wrong! What I thought was kale turned out to be collards, however this was not realized until post consumption of collards chips. I followed the recipe and was so excited to try what everyone said was just as good as potato chips. I thought there was something wrong with me as I could barely stomach this disgusting, smelly crisps, so I decided to dip them in salsa. This only created an even worse taste and I dumped my chips out. Minutes later, I learned that my "kale" chips were actually collards and basically I just threw lettuce into the oven at an attempt to make chips. Lesson learned: leafy greens are best in salads not in salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment